Monday, August 17, 2009

Guess Who's Back...?

"Is he wearing glasses?"

I am! After a long hiatus, during which I studied for and took the GMAT exam, I'm finally back on my home turf to analyze, theorize and crack-wise about all things Israel. A lot has happened in the past few weeks. There was a horrendous shooting in a Tel Aviv gay and lesbian center, Fatah held a conference in Bethlehem to prove they can be as hostile to Israel as Hamas, Iran's centrifuges continue to spin, and now Lady Gaga is in the Holy Land to perform in Tel Aviv on August 19 and possibly "get drunk in Jerusalem." Life moves pretty fast in Israel, and now that I'm back in the blogging fray, you won't have to miss any of it.

For now, I'll leave you with an interview between CNN's Fareed Zakaria and Israel's ambassador to the United States Michael Oren. Oren, who sounds as American as any other Princeton Ph. D. in Near East studies, deftly discusses the Iranian nuclear threat, the Arab Israeli conflict, and his boss's, that would be Bibi Netanyahu's, vision for a two-state solution. The Oren interview runs until about the 22 minute mark, at which point both Zakaria stopped discussing Israel, and I tuned out.

You can find the interview here: Fareed Zakaria interviews Michael Oren on CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment